Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Book Review: What Alice Forgot



I really loved this book. This was my second time reading it. I could relate to all of the characters, but especially Alice. I think that even if you don't lose your memory, there will still be times in your life where you catch yourself and think--is this really who I've become? Or, how did I get here? Or, I'm sure this isn't the path I meant to take, is it?
This is a book that can be read over and over again. The first time, the ending came as a sort of surprise, but it's still satisfying even when you know the ending from the beginning.

Here's a few of my favorite lines:
Hairstyles were smoother and flatter than in 1998. It made everyone's head seem comically smaller.

They could look at an old photo together and travel back in time to the same place; they could begin a million conversations with "Do you remember when...", and they could hear the first chords of an old song on the radio and exchange glances that said everything without words.


No comments:

Post a Comment