Monday, June 26, 2023

La Armada!

My trip to France was a story-idea overload. I can't wait to weave all my experiences into my books. So far, I have three book ideas brewing in the back of my mind. I had a number of moments where I felt God's hand in my life, most are too personal, or involve my children so they aren't mine to share, but here's one I can tell you about.

 First, a little background. My youngest daughter Miranda is an amazing wedding photographer, (check out her Instagram page here) and she was hired to do a photoshoot in the south of France. (So, of course, I had to go with her.) Coincidentally, her twin sister is working/living in Paris. (So, of course, I had to visit Natalie.)

Natalie and I traveled to Rouen for no other reason than I remembered I liked it when I visited it in 1991 with a study abroad program.

When we walked into town, we noticed people lining the sidewalks. We stumbled onto a parade! Being hungry and not all that curious, we went to lunch. When we came out, we turned a corner, and here came the police car signaling the start of the parade. I felt as if it had waited for us. A young man asked me where I was from. When I told him California, he said, and you came all this way for La Armada! I told him, that it had been just a happy surprise.

Turns out, they celebrate La Armada only every 4 years, and Natalie and I were lucky enough to be there. La Marada is a tribute to mariners and had sailors from a variety of countries playing folk music and wearing traditional costumes.  It was so much fun!

Sometimes, when you're sad, God won't take away your depression, but He can put a parade in your path.

 Here are some pictures of my trip and the parade. (You can see videos of the parade on my Facebook page, here.)







No comments:

Post a Comment