Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Transformation Goals July (written July 31st 2024)

 

I'm taking a page out of Dr. Benjamin Hardy's Rapid Transformation book and creating a monthly accounting for each month. This experience reminds me of a quote from Jody Moore, another motivational guru I really admire. She said something like this, "It's important to define what success means to you so you'll know it and recognize it when you achieve it,"

All that being said, July has been amazing. We had a burst pipe and plumbing problems, but things at our house are now cleaner and more organized because of it. That small setback became a catalyst.

Health:

Relying on what I’m learning in my Healthy Balance class and using the meal replacement powder Jared gave me, I’m finally losing weight at a slow and comfortable pace and feeling a lot more peace around food. Whenever my thoughts begin to swirl around body image, dieting, or what I’m going to eat, I take a sip of water. I find this simple interruption incredibly healing/affirming.

Relationships:

Larry and I celebrated our anniversary at one of my favorite restaurants at the beach. We also hiked the Eastern Sierras. We booked a cruise with Adam, Bethany, and Natalie's families, and flights for Education Week with my sisters.

Business:

I hired Karen Walker to help me with Facebook ads, and they boosted my Kindle Vella story tremendously. Last month, without the ads, my Kindle Vella stories had 36 episodes read. This month, there have been 650 so far. I credit this to the ad (and my new story) which has a .12 cent cost per click.

Karen was not only good for my business, but for me personally. She told me, “You don’t give yourself enough credit for what you’ve accomplished.” “Take credit for what you’ve accomplished,” has become my new mantra.

I’m 65 pages into my new mystery series, and I love it. I’ve also found three new authors of historical mysteries I love and admire, and I’m hoping I’ve found my jive.

The launch of the fourth book in my Small Town Series was a bust. Amazon put it in weird categories (paranormal, psychic, witches—it’s none of those things. I found out I’m not the only person this has been happening to.) and after I asked them to correct it, the book was no longer a “new release.” I’m putting this behind me, and focusing on building sales funnels that don’t rely on releases.

Chandler has started creating Tik Toks with me on Fridays. I created a Katie Tate account that only looks at YA books, and all but one of our videos has had more than 700 views, so this is really working.

Spiritual:

Larry and I are halfway through reading Russel M Nelson’s Heart of the Matter, and I find it incredibly motivating and encouraging. Personally, I’m in the thick of the Old Testament, (2 Chronicles) and I love all the be of good courage for this Lord is with you messages.


 

Here are my August goals:

Health:

Continue with my Healthy Balance class, which is, mostly, like group therapy. Increase yoga attendance from 3 days a week to four or five.

Social:

Visit with Jen, Jared, and my sisters on our trip to Utah.

Business:

Continue to experiment with Facebook ads.

Make a Tik Tok 6 days a week.

Post something motivating on IG and Facebook 6 days a week.

Create my RWA marketing workshop.

Spiritual:

I’m putting this under spiritual, but in reality BYU’s Education Week checks off so many boxes. The classes are always a tremendous blessing for my physical and spiritual health, plus, it’s interaction with my sisters. This year, Larry is attending and we’re staying with Jared and Jen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment