Monday, August 28, 2023

Searching for Stars Hollow? Small-town must-reads if you love The Gilmore Girls

 

A few years ago, I went on a tour of Warner Brothers' Studio with my daughter and daughter-in-law. It was so cool! Our main motivation was to see Stars Hollow, the set of Gilmore Girls, but sadly, it looked as if that wasn't going to happen. Bethany, Jen, and I were sitting in the front of the tram directly behind the tour guide, so she undoubtedly heard our moans of disappointment. The tour guides huddled for a brief moment, and decided to make a short, quick run through the "midwest set" AKA the set of Stars Hollow and Pretty Little Liars. Near the end of the tour, Bethany asked if we'd be able to see Loreli's house, and the answer was maybe. But then the tour ended and the tour guide thanked everyone for coming, said goodbye, while waving her hand at just us, motioning for us to stay.

We got our own private tour of Loreli's house! Just the three of us--four, if you count our fabulous tour guide/photographer. Bethany even got teary-eyed. Cool fact--it's Loreli's house in the front and Suki's house in the back. We got out, walked around, went inside, took pictures...happy sigh.

And I'll admit, I began to fantasize about one of my books becoming a movie. In fact, I decided that The Little White Christmas Lie should be on the Hallmark channel.

If you love books filled with small-town charm, I have a few suggestions! But don't just take my word for it--here are some reader reviews. 

Blind Date with the Rodeo Cowboy (Rodeo Cowboy Romance Book 2) by [Jewel Allen]

READ IN KINDLE UNLIMITED

"I enjoyed reading this book. Lots of interesting insights into the rodeo life. Natalia and Grit have a tumultuous relationship right from the beginning. I love their first meeting and their non-date. The characters are well written and draw you into their world."

The Little White Christmas Lie: A holiday romance by [Kristy Tate]

ONLY ,99 CENTS

"It was a quick, enjoyable read. There was plenty of laughter and a little suspense. Very good novella. Can't wait to see what other books are available from this author."

And, of course, I have to include my book that's released tomorrow! 

Small Town Secrets: A Sweet Small Town Romance with a Kiss of Suspense by [Kristy Tate]

"I love your books.  I look forward to reading more.  Thank you for sharing them."

READ IN KINDLE UNLIMITED (TOMORROW!)

No comments:

Post a Comment