Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Take it down Tuesday: Why I Walk

 I like long walks outside.

I'm lucky because I live in Southern California where the weather is almost always gorgeous. To avoid the heat of the day during the summer months, I may have to go in the evenings or mornings, but since that is my preferred walking-time, I don't find that a problem.

Last year, I quit my gym. I feel for gym-owners everywhere (especially my brother who owns Stilliguamish Athletic Club) along with restaurant owners, and so many other small business owners who were hit hard and laid low by COVID-19. But I can say since my gym attendance is down, my walking hours are way up, and for that, I'm grateful.

There's something healing about being outside. Today during my scripture study, I came across this verse:

Genesis 24:40

The LORD, before whom I walk, will send his angel with thee, and prosper thy way.

Long walks, I believe, can do this for me (and you.)




Today's featured sale:
The Little White Christmas Lie is FREE today.






No comments:

Post a Comment