Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Free Historical Romance





Reviews from Stealing Mercy:

Verity and the Villain is a revamped version of Stealing Mercy. Although it's been tweaked and twisted, a few readers may recognize the original story. Here's what some readers had to say about Stealing Mercy:

A spunky heroine and a confident, cocky hero, who could want more? The story was fast paced, and flowed easily. The storyline was excellent and in it was woven a second story of today, looking back. A fun read.
*
I thoroughly enjoyed STEALING MERCY, a fast-paced novel with an intrepid heroine, richly developed characters, and a plot which grabbed me immediately. It begins with a villain holding a knife in her NY bake shop apartment and goes to Seattle in the 1880s where Mercy takes on the worst sort of predators. I loved the relationship between Trent and Mercy: the initial spark and its evolution. I especially liked the baking tips topping each chapter. I look forward to Kristy Tate's next novel as this one was a treasure.
*


New author Kristy Tate brings a wicked sense of humor and a fast-paced storyline to her tale of a feisty 1880s piemaker who flees an enemy in New York and finds happiness--along with danger--in Seattle. You can't help rooting for Mercy Faye, who flaunts convention and flings herself into peril, determined to save young women forced to work in a brothel. Her secrets form a barrier between her and the appealing Trent Michaels, but love has a way of breaching the gap. A charming debut!
*
Well portrayed leads, Mercy and Trent, interact in a historically rich but still real setting. They are swept together in adventure, romance, and intrigue. Great combination. Easy and enjoyable read. Nice to get sucked in and spend some time in the northwest with such likable characters.
*
What does a fireplace poker, pies & chocolates, a brothel, a ship and expensive jewels have in common? Oh, wait--I almost forgot the Chinese throwing stars! I really enjoyed this story, great movement to the plot and interesting situations throughout. It was easy to buy into the character's struggle. I'll read the next book from Tate as well.
*

When I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I was hooked on it! Every page drew me deeper into Mercy's world. I wanted to know what she was thinking and what she was going to do next. Each turn in the story made my heart race. Also, being from Seattle myself I loved having the story set there. I would recommend this to anyone!
*
This was a fantastic book! I loved the character development in this book and the richness of the descriptions of their feelings. Every emotion was painted very vividly by Kristy Tate. The plot is very intriguing and keeps you interested to the finale at the end.

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately, gethomeworkonline has a wide range of certified, skilled, and experience calculus experts. Physiology Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete