Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Digging In by Loretta Nyhan, a Book Review


This is perfect women's fiction--a story of a woman whose life derailed after her husband's death and finds new life and growth in a garden, friends, and career. (You have to be okay with F-bombs.) This book made me anxious for spring and a trip to the Green Thumb Nursery. 

I cried when I read the acknowledgements. I don't think this story was meant to be inspirational, but it absolutely was--which is, I think, the very best sort of inspirational story. The true and remarkable thing about this book is here's a novelist writing about a woman coping with her husband's death and midway through, her husband dies. In the midst of her grief, she has to write about her character finding love, hope, and friendship...I'm still crying just thinking of how incredibly painful and yet healing this must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment