Wednesday, December 19, 2018

2019 Goals and Revisiting 2018

WRITE 5+ novels.

3 Destination Romances
1 Christmas novella
Greta collaboration 

Flesh out The Music of You and Me and publish

Rework and republish early mysteries and create pen-name and promotion schedule. If this goes well, create a romance pen name separate from YA books

PROMOTION
Have a free day once a month and book promos.
MAKE ALL BOOKS INTO PAPERBACKS
MAKE ALL SERIES INTO BOX SETS
3-4 BLOG POSTS FOR EACH FREEBIE BOOK--TWEET AND PIN
  1. EXCERPT PLUS RECIPE
  2. EXCERPT PLUS RESEARCH
  3. EXCERPT PLUS WRITING CRAFT
  4. EXCERPT PLUS BOOK'S ORIGIN
Take AMS course (January 7th)
Experiment with Facebook ads
Goleta book club
Get more involved in RWA
Go to two writers' conferences

CRAFT

...pick through your writing and circle every “thought” verb.  Then, find some way to eliminate it.  Kill it by Un-packing it. After that, find a way to re-write them.  Make them stronger.

OUTLINE BOOKS AND CREATE VISION BOARDS

REVISITING 2018. 
What I planned vs what actually happened.

Blog:
Create 3 blog posts a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
This seems like a totally doable goal that I did not do. Why not? Is it something I should do going forward?


Newsletter
2x a month
Because I started doing newsletter swaps, I actually started doing two newsletters a week. Since then, I've decided to cut back to a newsletter a week and I feel really good about that decision.

Books:
Publish something every 3 months (novels, short stories, etc.)
Contact 2 reviewers a day
I don't think I ever contacted a reviewer. Hmm...should I do that?

Rita (published)
Clockwork (published)
Nora (published)
Blog Book (not published)
The Music Between You and Me novella (published in the Author's of Main Street box set, but since I want to publish it as a novel, it's gone dark until I have time to look at it.)

I didn't have these planned:
That Song in Patagonia (novella, published)
The Billionaire's Beagle (published)

Four books and two novellas



No comments:

Post a Comment