Monday, October 2, 2017

Book Review: Liane Moriarity's Big Little Lies

I really wanted to like this book, because I loved What Alice Forgot. But instead, I put this book down about halfway through. Why? I didn't like any of these people, except for the woman that I'm guessing was murdered. And her husband. He was occassionally witty. But everyone else? Celeste? Jane? I couldn't relate to them at all. And being a mom, I hate it when other women make snide comments about other women and that's what--I feel--this book was doing. It was slamming the moms of elementary school kids. And sure, we all take ourselves too seriously, but that's because we take our jobs of raising kids seriously, because it's seriously important. We're all trying so incredibly hard to make the world a better place for our children.
I couldn't finish this book. I'm mildly curious to know who killed who and why (I didn't like the back and forth story structure, either) but not enough to spend my hours with people I would never want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment