Thursday, January 26, 2017

Three Strange Dreams



Recently, I've had a series of dreams that seem to be telling the same story but in three different ways. In the first dream, I'm in an industrial building in New York. I'm on the second floor and I want to go to the first floor. I get on the elevator and ask the others if they are going up or down. They don't reply. I decide that it doesn't matter--it's not a big deal if it goes up or down, I can ride it both ways. It won't take too long. But then the elevator goes sideways. For miles. Outside the elevator is rubble, like bombed buildings. People are picking through the debris. I'm going way out of my way to a place I don't want to go. There's no choice but to stay on the elevator until it returns to the building and I can go to the ground floor.

Second dream. My car is parked in a parking garage. I get in only to find a strange man behind the wheel. He starts driving without speaking. I'm really frustrated. At first, I try talking to him, but eventually, I'm screaming. I don't know where we're going and decide I'll have to stay in the car until it runs out of gas.

Third dream. I'm in London on the tube (subway). After a few stops, I realize that where I had gotten on was actually walking distance to where I wanted to go, but now I'm traveling in the opposite direction. For some reason, I can't get off. I have to stay on the train until it reaches the end of the line and returns to where I want to go.

In all three dreams I'm frustrated by the unexpected direction I'm heading. I've been examining every aspect of my life trying to see where or how I'm heading off course. I'm still scratching my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment