Tuesday, December 29, 2015

How to Promote and Market E-books. A Promotion Post for Beyond the Fortuneteller's Tent

In 2016, I have a goal of shifting my focus to marketing, as opposed to writing, my books. This generally puts me in a funk, but I've determined to power through. I created a marketing plan with a goal to have a book promoted each week. Although my plan won't be set in motion for real until after my house guests return to their own homes and lives, a few weeks ago, I decided to set up a promotion for Beyond the Fortuneteller's Tent. It starts today.

Because you can find Tent in the Paranormal 13, a collection of 13 paranormal, teen novels, for  free I can't put it in the Kindle Select program. I don't mind. I have no idea how many times the collection has been downloaded, but since it has 774 reviews, (with a 4 star rating) I think it must be a whole lot. I'm extremely grateful to have been included, not just for the visibility, but also for the authors I've grown to admire and the things I've learned about marketing.

Anyway, today before the ads begin, here are the current rankings of my Beyond books.

Book one, Beyond the Fortuneteller's Tent
#2,499 Free in Kindle Store
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Historical Fiction

Book two, Beyond the Hollow
#126,718 Paid in Kindle Store

Book three, Beyond the Pale
#233,188 Paid in Kindle Store 

I've chosen my very favorite ad sites. I'll keep a score sheet throughout the promotion showing each ads performance. A couple of things to keep in mind--an ad that does well once, may under perform a second time for a variety of reasons.

Here's the lineup:
Kindle Books and Tips  12/28 (You can see it here. www.fkbt.com)
BK Knights Fiverr          12/28 for 7 days
Sweet Free Books           12/29
Ereader News Today       1/7
Robin Reads                    1/14

And now, I'm going with my friends to the Wild Animal Park. (Not kidding.)



No comments:

Post a Comment